.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

5.18.2005

Sudden Exit & Depts of Interest

At last update, I had approximately $400 remaining. I worked it back close to $500 thanks to a few small pots and the penultimate installment of my Noblepoker bonus.

I've since cashed out due to the following 2 reasons:
  1. Occasionally (it happened 3 times to me), a player's graphic will exclude the bankroll total. Without seeing the chips, I've had to guess if whether or not my opponent is legit in calling or raising, without the benefit of seeing how many chips he/she has at the time. On each of the occasions, I lost the pot. So, I complained and received no explanation, compensation or apology from Noblepoker.
  2. Lack of tables concurrently in-play. There was never a 10/20HE game spread when I happen to be logged in. When one full 5/10HE did materialize, it was comprised of people often w/connection speeds slower than 128K and extremely limited class. Since I am on the West coast, most games in which I could participate were short handed, or on the way to breaking-up. If I got stuck early, it was a hole of despair out of which one could only hope to climb at a rate of 24 hands per hour, and while having to tolerate trash chatter of epic level and volume.
I've initiated a withdrawal using FirePay.

Imagine this: Per NoblePoker's withdrawal policy, they have 4 business days to begin processing the withdrawal. Then, there's a 9 day waiting period between the time I actually deposited the money to NoblePoker initially, and the time it actually "clears" -- even though I've been given credit and been granted bonuses for it.

Who knows how long Firepay will take to fund back the money, so with this complex math firmly in place, I hope to have the money by July 4th weekend.

So, how exactly will SuperGirl react to my abandoning ship so early in our "arangement"? Hard to say. I should just buy her the shoes outright and roll the dice. I'm sure SuperGirl will make concessions given the ridiculous circumstances of what life is like treading water with NoblePoker, having to take care of the Friends-Of-The-Furry-Nation, and anticipation of the Apprentice finale. We'll find out for certain on Friday.

Incidentally, SuperGirl has run into her ex-boy friend. Normally, those odds can't be any better than betting the horn/high-low, but who know? Florida's not such a big state, right? Fact, fiction or test? Not sure.

From the More time than Sense Department, here's what happens when unemployment meets a write-license-key to Acrobat.

From the Regret Department, can anyone explain why I didn't buy STARBUCKS (SBUX) stock once I commented in this very blog that they had seemingly gotten away with increasing their price of soy by over 100% ? Would have beat any Poker return in the same period.

On a related note, is there any truth to one's order at Starbucks being directly proportionate to one's assholeability? Bill Maher seems to think so --- I hope he isn't right:

"The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole.

If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grande half-soy, half-lowfat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet,' ooh, you're a huge asshole."
For the record, my standard order is a "Grande, Soy Caramel Macchiatto with extra foam, extra hot". Tipping the scale at a whopping $4 a cup, WITHOUT TIP, I'd say I'm entitled to be however big an asshole that makes me! And why the fuck is there a tip jar at Starbucks? Kevin and his readers explore this very question.

From the Not Crazy Department, turns out that Dave Chappelle is not crazy. You decide.

From the Countdown to Episode III Department, anyone curious to know if there's a chance they will reveal who was the Jedi Sifo-Dyas (revealed in Episode II) will be disappointed. In case you are still curious, check out this explanation (includes spoilers).

And finally, from the Books to Make us more Dimensional Poker Players Department, take in a book that illustrates how bureaucracy, futility, alienation and perpetual consuming guilt is no different today as it was almost 100 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home