.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

5.11.2005

Choke

Ok... why am I updating this blog at this time of this day ??

Because I was knocked out of the WPBT tournament by TuscaloosaJohnny, who reckoned aloud that my raise seemed a touch high. Don't know about you, but that's typically the kind of analysis I often like to dispense to my victim after winning pretty big pots.

Who knows.. maybe there'll be a consolation prize to the blogger who can update their blog the quickest after getting wacked.

Anyway, the offending raise of which he spoke was about 20% of my stack with wired 6's (around $250). He re-raised $500 on the button with wired Q's. I went all-in and he naturally called. Flop looked very ordinary... AND oh, and did I mention the fucking Queen that appeared on the flop with no out or hope in sight for a break-you-heart miracle runner runner ??!!

Yeah, well, maybe it was too big a bet, maybe it wasn't. It's already forgotten and I'm in no left minded mood to post any self-serving pix of glory gone awry from tournaments past. From now on, I will only post Victory (SuperGirl excluded)!

On a fun note, I did get seated to Iggy's right and witness a great 72Off bluff take down the blinds and a caller. Kudos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home