.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.24.2005

Poker, Plasma and Bikinis

Where have I been .... No excuses. No reasons. Well, teeny tiny reason if I may:

We’re going to Vegas in 14 days and frankly, I needed to step away from Pokerworld to help preserve the ever crucial bankroll by not reading the mass of superb Blog content or indulging in my own degenerate-tipped weekly entries. Three weeks of not succumbing to dumping $1000 into my online Poker account for some spontaneous 15/30 H/E game.

Well, almost!

As you might have guessed, I splurged a week ago with $500 at PokerStars to play some 10/20 H/E. I played horribly. I played as though I wanted to bad beat anyone who bet. Crazy stuff. I chased, bluffed and called my way into a $500 hole.

I added another $500 (intervention anyone?) and played noticeably (from my POV) much better. Granted, I played very conservative, but still an improvement from my last dead-end stretch. But it seemed to work. Actually, my cards played me because I was really getting wonderful cards which really just played themselves.

When I won my original $500 back, I moved to a 15/30 table because as every gambler knows, you gotta know when to pump! It was around 1:30 AM (PST) -- aka, (DST -- Desperation Standard Time if you’re on the East coast).

This is the time of night where you tend to see some very peculiar things, amazingly, irrespective of the table limit. I played another 2 hours going from short-handed table to short-handed table, usually meeting-up with the same obnoxious players, playing in their familiar self-loathing, erratic, recklessness.

Or, maybe I just got lucky with cards and zombie-like opposition. I finished by day break (PST), and was up over $1800 and had earned enough points to buy SuperGirl a few sleeveless top with my FFP. Along the way, I took screen shots of some of the laugh-on-your-ass chatter, commentary and showdowns, hoping to post them here for posterity and Blog cred., but SuperGirl got in the way.

She woke-up as she normally does to take the dogs out and enjoy her coffee in their affectionate company. She was pissed to have had to sleep the whole night without me (I know... it's hard to be me), but changed her tune when she did a little root cause analysis (that answers the all too curious question of ‘where does he write this crap from?’).

Without hesitation, she says to "cash out" and go to Costco to buy a "cool" 42' Plasma she'd seen a day earlier. She said we could take our current 36' Toshiba tube and convert it into a full time Xbox server. She's so Super, that SuperGirl... she knows exactly how to frame things just the right way.

Cost: $1700 including a $300 coupon voucher.

Bigger Cost: Not being able to play again for a while (after all, I couldn't justify buying a $1700 plasma T.V with poker winnings, then blowing an unrelated grand or so on more buy-ins, only to possibly lose more if the looming Vegas trip's bankroll took a larger than expected hit).

Even Bigger Cost:
Not being able to brag about it online (since doing so would only spur me to play again) or post illustrious evidence of my achievements.

Statute of limitations from what I recall reading some time ago on Pokerworld-abstinence is 3 weeks, or an impending trip to Vegas, which ever is shorter! So, with that said... I'm back though nothing really big (or small) happened.

Now, as susceptible as I am to SuperGirl's considerable charms to get what she wants, I made an agreement with her that were we to buy our Plasma, she'd have to allow me to post pre-Vegas bikini try-outs, preferably in front of the Plasma itself ! And with that said, allow me to present the lineup of Bikinis SuperGirl is evaluating for our trip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the blog going. It is one of my favorites, and SG is super hot. Keep the pics coming!

5:24 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home