.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

6.29.2005

Short session, good profit

Ok, I couldn't resist. While watching the minions of short-seller give me the collective finger on my GOOGLE stock, I decided to look no further than PokerStars to help detract me.

Perhaps it would deter me away from resurrecting the Shredded Wheat from my lower intestine all over my keyboard (they were frosted though, potential for an easy clean-up), watching my portfolio succumb to the inevitability of a 115 P/E, nudging lower and lower as 4PM draws closer.

I dumped what in retrospect was a very meager $200 into my account (a fraction of what I'm losing on a minute basis on that aforementioned stock) and found a very turbo, very tight 10/20 HE game. I was about 15 minutes into my session, and $155 through my deposit when it occurred to me that I am very ill-equipping for this limit or game or expectations.

And just as I was about to reluctantly go to the confessional (FirePay.com), I went all-in with wired-7's. I hit my set with no bad beat in sight, and the rest is history, to the comfortable tune of plus $400 and change.

Normally, I would stick around, but the competition seemed very able, and I think my win may have been just a rush of sorts: a case of my particular cards finding themselves on the flop and a few timely raises into the despairing low stacked players from the button. Happy Relieved to not have fallen flat on my face, I will withdraw my proceeds and play in some small stakes tournaments the rest of the week.

I will show the fruit of my 45 minutes of labor to SuperGirl, and see if she can't oblige me with a shot or two to help celebrate my belief in that oh-so-true adage about the sweetness of money won being that much so than money earned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home